Monday, January 13, 2014

My Fedora experience

I installed Fedora this January in order to experience linux. All these days I have met various problems and have solved all of them with google. Actually it seem meaningless to record those problem and related solutions again and again but it is of much meaning to record my experience. In other words, the following part becomes great to me because of me rather than solutions.

1. Disk

Smarctl (http://goo.gl/LsMMiJ) is famous for checking status of hard drive because I can always find it in many answers on the net. 
Disk in Fedora is also very good so for me it is to see the capacity of my disk.
Command line "df" can see all mounting hard drive.

2. RPM

It is common to delete or install rpm package. Usually I'd use the command "rpm -ivh ***.rpm". For deleting, first type command to search for installed package using "rpm -aq | grep ***" and then you can type "rpm -e ***". But command "yum remove ***" is highly recommended, especially for old kernels.

No comments:

Post a Comment